In case you missed last night’s crazy, jam-packed results show, here are the highlights:
• The show kicked off with an opening number by choreographer Kelley Abbey to a sultry rendition of “All That Jazz.” Oh my goodness, Mark Kanemura!
• In a beautiful tribute to the life of Denise Jefferson, the late Director of the Ailey School, we were given a glimpse of the astounding program she created and the legacy she leaves behind. Our hearts go out to all her family and friends.
• Lauren and Kent are safe!
• Special guest performers Yuriko Kajiya and Jared Matthews of American Ballet Theatre performed the fiery Grand Pas de Deux from Act III of Don Quixote.
• Adéchiké is safe! That leaves Robert, Jose and Billy in the bottom three.
• DJ Smart, a Season 7 Top 24 hopeful, performed a contemporary solo. We’ve got to be honest, we’re not sure we saw much of the solo. We couldn’t get over his abs! Please audition for Season 8.
• All-stars Lauren Gottlieb and Neil Haskell performed their Wade Robson “Night of the Dancing Flame” routine from Season 3. They are both fabulous dancers and Wade is a genius, but Lauren was screaming, Neil had scary makeup and we were scared. Enough said.
• The cast of the “SYTYCD” 2010 tour is announced: Allison Holker (S2), Dominic Sandoval (S3), Courtney Galiano (S4) and Ade Obayomi (S5), along with the top boy and girl from Season 6, Russell Ferguson and Kathryn McCormick, and the top boy and girl from season 7. Plus, there are four additional spots that have yet to be cast. Who would you choose?
• Enrique Iglesias lit up the stage accompanied by all-stars Allison Holker, Lauren Gottlieb and Dominic Sandoval. Dominic stole the show with some out-of-this-world breaking.
• Finally, the big moment we’d all been waiting for—the elimination. But, the judges couldn’t make up their minds. No, I’m not joking. Nigel explained that because Billy hadn’t danced this week, they couldn’t judge him or send him home. So, they wouldn’t be eliminating anyone this week, but sending two home next week. Yeah, we know, we were shocked, too.
Be sure to tune in next week, and hopefully we’ll get to see ALL six of the dancers battle it out! In the meantime, tell us how you feel. Are you happy with the show? Are you glad they didn’t send anyone home? Which two dancers are leaving us next week?