…well, actually, two new Romeos: New York City Ballet corps members Zachary Catazaro and Taylor Stanley. But while I’m sure Zachary will be great, I’m especially excited about Mr. Stanley, who was one of our September 2010 cover stars. Taylor, who makes his debut as the tragic hero in NYCB’s Romeo + Juliet on February 18, is definitely on the rise. Though this is only his second season as a full company member, he’s already had featured roles in Christopher Wheeldon’s Polyphonia and George Balanchine’s Square Dance, neither of which are anything to sneeze at. He’s an elegant, expressive, noble dancer—in other words, a perfect Romeo. It’s a great Valentine’s Day present for bunheads like me!
- SWAY 2.0
- How the Pros Prep Their Pointe Shoes
- Win a Copy of Carmindy’s Makeup Manuel, Bloom!
- Win Custom Razor Fit Warmups from Cheer Factor!
- FSU Marching Band Nails Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies,” Makes Our Lives
- The Rockettes Will Have a New Show This Spring
- Vogue Did a Paris Opéra Ballet Shoot, and It Is Gorgeous