…well, actually, two new Romeos: New York City Ballet corps members Zachary Catazaro and Taylor Stanley. But while I’m sure Zachary will be great, I’m especially excited about Mr. Stanley, who was one of our September 2010 cover stars. Taylor, who makes his debut as the tragic hero in NYCB’s Romeo + Juliet on February 18, is definitely on the rise. Though this is only his second season as a full company member, he’s already had featured roles in Christopher Wheeldon’s Polyphonia and George Balanchine’s Square Dance, neither of which are anything to sneeze at. He’s an elegant, expressive, noble dancer—in other words, a perfect Romeo. It’s a great Valentine’s Day present for bunheads like me!
- The Shaping Sound Tour Premieres Tonight!
- Play this Dance-y Game this Weekend
- Nifty Tip of the Day: Smile! You’ll Turn Better
- There’s a New Dance Clip Show in Town
- “So You Think You Can Dance” Recap: Detroit Auditions
- Swan Lake Is Coming to a Theater Near You—Live, in 3D
- “So You Think You Can Dance” Recap: L.A. Auditions
Most Shared Posts