…well, actually, two new Romeos: New York City Ballet corps members Zachary Catazaro and Taylor Stanley. But while I’m sure Zachary will be great, I’m especially excited about Mr. Stanley, who was one of our September 2010 cover stars. Taylor, who makes his debut as the tragic hero in NYCB’s Romeo + Juliet on February 18, is definitely on the rise. Though this is only his second season as a full company member, he’s already had featured roles in Christopher Wheeldon’s Polyphonia and George Balanchine’s Square Dance, neither of which are anything to sneeze at. He’s an elegant, expressive, noble dancer—in other words, a perfect Romeo. It’s a great Valentine’s Day present for bunheads like me!
- Dancers Celebrate the Subway and All of Its…Charm
- Shut Up and (Tap) Dance with Newsies
- If On the Town Took Place in 2015
- Choreographer Hofesh Shechter Makes His Royal Ballet Debut
- Please Enjoy Serena Williams’ Epic Beyoncé Dance Video
- Zayn Malik Has Left 1D, But His Dancing Lives On in Our Hearts
- “Smash” is Going to Exist IRL—Kind Of