…well, actually, two new Romeos: New York City Ballet corps members Zachary Catazaro and Taylor Stanley. But while I’m sure Zachary will be great, I’m especially excited about Mr. Stanley, who was one of our September 2010 cover stars. Taylor, who makes his debut as the tragic hero in NYCB’s Romeo + Juliet on February 18, is definitely on the rise. Though this is only his second season as a full company member, he’s already had featured roles in Christopher Wheeldon’s Polyphonia and George Balanchine’s Square Dance, neither of which are anything to sneeze at. He’s an elegant, expressive, noble dancer—in other words, a perfect Romeo. It’s a great Valentine’s Day present for bunheads like me!
- Asia Monet Ray Is About to Take Over Your TV
- The PULSE Gets Our Hearts Racing
- Save the Date: Watch Paul Taylor Dance Company…for Free!
- Lose the Phone—It’s National Dance Day!
- Joy Womack Makes the World’s Most Summery Dance Film
- Friday Video Break: Cuteness Overload Edition
- Behind the Scenes with the BalletBoyz