In a little more than a minute and a half, this video takes you through a hundred years in British style—and dance. It zooms from Charleston-ing ’20s flappers to preppy ’50s swing babies to punked-out children of the ’80s. Created last year to announce the opening of Westfield Stratford City shopping center in London, it’s a clever bit of filmmaking that’s especially great because it puts dance right where it should be: at the center of it all, as important to each era as the clothes were. Check it out!
- Holly Fusco’s “The Yellow Delicious”
- This Break-Dancer’s Workout Will Blow Your Mind
- “So You Think You Can Dance” Season 11 Recap: The Top 6 Perfom
- Clean Up Your Technique—As a Dance Writer
- I love starting my dance day with
- The Joffrey Ballet + Christopher Wheeldon + Swan Lake = Day Made
- Join in the Ultimate Dance Experience