In a little more than a minute and a half, this video takes you through a hundred years in British style—and dance. It zooms from Charleston-ing ’20s flappers to preppy ’50s swing babies to punked-out children of the ’80s. Created last year to announce the opening of Westfield Stratford City shopping center in London, it’s a clever bit of filmmaking that’s especially great because it puts dance right where it should be: at the center of it all, as important to each era as the clothes were. Check it out!
- Harry Shum’s Smart Videos About Dance and Sports
- “So You Think You Can Dance” Season 11 Recap: The Top 14 Perform
- Choreographer Lindsay Nelko Talks Awakening
- We’re Obsessed with Willdabeast’s LilBeasts
- Win a Blu-ray Copy of Believe Tour Dance Experience Signed by Nick DeMoura!
- Asia Monet Ray Is About to Take Over Your TV
- The PULSE Gets Our Hearts Racing