Did you know that portobello mushrooms have more potassium than bananas? Potassium is especially important for dancers, because it helps reduce cramping. And unlike a lot of veggies that can lose their nutrients when you cook them, the United States Department of Agriculture found that mushrooms retain 80-95% of their nutrients after cooking. So go ahead and throw them in the oven, on the grill or in a sauté pan with some olive oil, and kiss those Charley horses goodbye!
- Bees (and Usher) Communicate through Dance
- Holly Fusco’s “The Yellow Delicious”
- This Break-Dancer’s Workout Will Blow Your Mind
- “So You Think You Can Dance” Season 11 Recap: The Top 6 Perfom
- Clean Up Your Technique—As a Dance Writer
- I love starting my dance day with
- The Joffrey Ballet + Christopher Wheeldon + Swan Lake = Day Made