New Year’s Eve is one of the most exciting days of the year. There’s so much optimism, so much positivity and so much “I have no idea what lies ahead but I’m totally pumped about it” energy.
But the start of a new year also means saying goodbye to the year you’ve been in for the past 365 days. So how do you make sure you go out with a bang, especially when the year was filled with so much excitement? We came up with 12 ways to leave 2012 behind in style.
1. Have a dance party. I mean…duh.
2. Take a nap! If you’re going to make it until midnight, you may need a midday snooze (I know I will). Here’s everything you need to know about taking the perfect nap.
3. Wear something sparkly. You can’t be bland on New Year’s Eve. Stand out with the Gia-Mia Sequin Hoodie from Just For Kix. (Layer a tank underneath for a more party-appropriate look.)
4. Do “Gangnam Style” one last time. And while you’re at it, have a “Call Me Maybe” karaoke session. But then let’s retire those songs and leave them in 2012, deal?
5. That leftover Nutcracker tiara that’s been sitting on your dresser since the final curtain? Bust it back out. It goes with your outfit.
7. Re-watch this. (I cannot get enough of these boys.)
8. Set a new pirouette PR. A “PR” is a term runners and other athletes use when they set new personal records, like time or distance goals. Why not go for a PR of your own by seeing how many pirouettes you can knock out before the clock strikes 2013?
9. Toast the new year with these festive (and healthified) winter drinks.
10. Compliment someone. You’ll feel good making someone else feel great! Go into the new year with a bit of positive karma, yeah?
11. Give your pas de deux partner a peck on the cheek at midnight. (Fine, go for the lips if you’re feeling daring!) Not into your duo buddy? A sweet squeeze with your best girlfriends can’t be beat!
12. After midnight, get cozy by slipping into these Discount Dance Supply flannels.
You made it! Cheers to 2013: May your year be filled with pirouettes, passés and platinums. Happy New Year!