Three Hairstyles to Try this Week!
Sick of your basic bun? Mix things up with one of these cute, totally-out-of-your-face hairstyles. They're perfect for school and the studio!
The French-Braided Bun
1. French braid both sides of your hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
2. Braid your ponytail and secure with a small elastic.
3. Twist the braid into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
The Bun Trio
1. Divide your hair into three equal sections at the nape of your neck.
2. Twist each section into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
(Your buns can be as messy or neat as you like! You can even try braiding each subsection before you make the buns.)
The Upside-Down French Braid Sock Bun
1. Flip your head over and begin an upside-down French braid, starting at the nape of your neck and continuing to just below the crown of your head. (This can be tricky if you're not a veteran braider, so enlist a friend to help!)
2. Comb the end of the braid and your remaining hair into a high ponytail at the crown of the your head.
3. Make a sock bun and secure with bobby pins if necessary.
Which one will you try? Also, be sure to check out all of our beauty looks/tutorials for more awesome ideas!
*All images via Pinterest.
"Late Late Show" host James Corden was one of the many, many people shocked by President Trump's sudden decision to ban transgender people from the military yesterday. And he decided to voice his outrage in the way most likely to rile a President who's uncomfortable with anything "un-manly": through a big, beautiful, extra-sparkly song-and-dance routine.
In addition to training, competing and winning titles in just about every style you can think of, 13-year-old Kaylee Quinn is a regular on the sci-fi drama "Stitchers," playing the younger version of the show's main character. Her path in dance hasn't been without challenges, though. Last summer, Kaylee won the Hope Award at her regional Youth America Grand Prix, but wasn't sure she'd be able to compete at the NYC finals due to a broken foot. Patience paid off: With her doctor's blessing, Kaylee danced her variations in flat shoes and won the gold medal.
Week 2 of Misty Copeland as guest judge, week 2 of merciless cuts...How can the final episodes of "World of Dance" possibly live up to the sheer dramaaaaaaaaa of last night's episode? Well, based on the nail-biting results dished out by Copeland and Co. last night, the competition is only going to get fiercer from here. Without further ado, last night's results, as told by Kween Misty.
Every ballet dancer knows the time, sweat, and occasional tears the art form demands. But many non-dancers are clueless about just how much work a ballet dancer puts into perfecting his or her dancing. So when the mainstream crowd recognizes our crazy work ethic, we'll accept the round of applause any way it comes—even if it comes via four men in tutus. Yep, we're talking about "The Try Guys Try Ballet" video.