Dancers are a weird, wonderful breed, amirite? Only true dance fiends will relate to these 16 things—give 'em a read!
1. You have extremely vivid nightmares about forgetting choreography onstage.
Honestly, is there anything more terrifying?
2. You get dancewear for every birthday and holiday.
Bring me the finest tights and leotards in all the land!
3. Your Father's/Mother's Day social media posts always include, "Thanks for paying for dance, guys!"
Heaven knows they deserve the shoutout. They could buy a small country with all of the money they've put into your dancing.
4. Your dance bag is a black hole.
Like, how does it always eat your left ballet shoe? Two go in, and only one comes out. Every. Time.
5. Your foot's natural resting position is pointed, and it freaks people out.
OK, that is a little freaky. (But Kenedy Kallas' feet could bend metal, so that chick can point her toes when ever she darn well pleases!)
6. Your first pair of pointe shoes was more exciting than your first kiss.
I'm in love! I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it! 😍
7. By the end of competition season, your mom can reenact your solo without skipping a beat.
8. You know every word to "Baby, I'm a Star."
This song has literally been danced to at every dance competition in the history of ever. #werk
9. Your Instagram feed is filled entirely with the dreamiest professional dancers known to man .
Oh heyyy, Gillian Murphy...follow for follow?
10. You could whip out the choreography from a piece you performed years ago without even having to think about it.
The information from the math test you took last week? Gone. Choreography to every piece you've ever performed? You can do it double-time and in reverse.
11. Your feet have been hurting for so long, you hardly even notice anymore.
Tell me again how high heels make your feet hurt. 😂
12. You're used to your school teachers rolling their eyes at you every time you get checked out of school early for a dance event.
Private rehearsal Monday...team rehearsal Wednesday...competition Friday...oops! 😁
13. The phrase "One more time" is the reason you have trust issues.
We all know one more time actually means 10 more times.
14. Your biggest fear is forgetting a piece of your costume on performance day.
Girl, you better pray to the dance gods for forgiveness!
15. You can put your hair in a bun in 60 seconds or less.
Six thousand bobby pins and we're in business!
16. Your best dance friends feel more like family than teammates.
They've seen you at your best, and at your eight-hours-of-rehearsal-without-food worst. Dance friends are forever!