Nearly 93,000 dance-loving Instagram followers can't be wrong: Quinn Starner is one to watch. And what's just as impressive as the 15-year-old's rabid online following is her ever-growing list of competition accolades. Quinn, who trains at Indiana Ballet Conservatory and Stars Dance Company, been named first runner-up at The Dance Awards for two years in a row (as a junior and a teen); was the 2016 West Coast Dance Explosion Teen National Champion; earned first place in contemporary and third place in the classical division at Youth America Grand Prix Regionals in Pittsburgh last year; has won the Grand Prix Award at ADC|IBC; and was a gold medalist at World Ballet Art Competition Grand Prix. Plus, she made it to the Academy round on last year's "So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation," and has performed as Clara in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Here's what Quinn has to say about her favorite songs, teachers, and career highlights.
1. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning, and what's the last thing you do before bed every night?
I stretch! It's the first thing I do every morning and the last thing I do at night.
2. What are three things you eat every day?
Hummus, grapes, and rice cakes.
3. What are three things you can't dance without?
My hair stuff (that includes bobby pins, hair ties, and hairspray), my pointe shoes, and my heart.
4. In your very expert opinion, what's the best dance movie of all-time?
5. If you were given one hour to take class from any instructor, who would you choose?
I'd have to pick two: Mikhail Baryshnikov and Travis Wall. They're both so inspiring and have changed the dance world so much.
6. What's the coolest place you've ever performed?
The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN
7. What songs are in heavy rotation on your playlist right now?
"Sign of the Times" by Harry Styles, "Next to You" by Rust and Bone, "Your Dday Will Come" by Son Lux, and "Swalla" by Jason Derulo.
8. Other than dance, what's your favorite way to break a sweat?
Pilates and yoga.
9. What's your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
Dancing! What else is there?!
10. What has been the single greatest moment of your dance career so far?
Definitely dancing the part of Clara in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, and being on "So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation." Those were two of the best experiences of my life, and I learned so much from both of them.