We may live all over the world and study different styles, but there are (at least) eight things that we can all relate to:
- We're not Hermione with her time-turner, but we come close: "So you dance 15 hours a week and take 3 Advanced Placement classes and compete every weekend and assistant-teach at your studio and make honor roll?" Yep.
- We can always get one. more. loop. out of our hair elastic.
- IT'S NOT CALLED PRACTICE! Say it with us: Rehearsal.
- An empty studio holds infinite possibility.
- A moment not spent stretching or doing self-massage is a moment wasted.
- We really wish we could make it to your birthday party/that concert/prom but we just can't. We have dance.
- We will verbally take down anyone who suggests dance is easy.
- Finally hitting the stage is the best feeling in the world.
(Dancers at the Houston Ballet Academy, including Cover Model Search finalist Tatiana Melendez!)
Want more Dance Spirit?