It isn't really Turkey Day unless the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is on in the background as you're arguing with Aunt Linda about why she shouldn't put the stuffing in the bird (E. COLI FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!). And since the Parade is celebrating its 90th birthday this year, the lineup is packed with extra-special, extra-dancey goodies. Here's what to look out for tomorrow:
Why yes, the Tap Dancing Christmas Trees will be there! (via)
- An appearance by [spoiler alert] Miss Laurie Hernandez—aka your "Dancing with the Stars" Season 23 champion, eee!
- Numbers from no fewer than four Broadway shows: Paramour, Waitress, Holiday Inn and (YES) Cats
- An Armenian folk dance performance by Boston's Sayat Nova Dance Company
- Appearances by Spirit of America Cheer, Spirit of America Dance and the Kilgore College Rangerettes drill team
- A piece featuring 140 fabulous young tappers from the National Dance Institute's Celebration Team, honoring the parade's Harlem culture and history theme
- A preview of Hairspray Live!, which airs December 7 on NBC and which you should go read all about right now in our December issue
- A performance by the Tap Dancing Christmas Trees, which is exactly what it sounds like and exactly as glorious as you'd imagine
- And, as always, a number by the Radio City Rockettes—because just as it's not Thanksgiving without the Parade, it's not the Parade without an appearance by those leggy ladies.
Watch the whole shebang tomorrow beginning at 9 am (in all time zones) on NBC. Happy Thanksgiving!