Last night, "Dancing With The Stars" kicked off its 10th season with a new co-host (former contestant Brooke Burke), a revamped set (we love that they’re keeping the celebs closer to the audience for the whole show) and 11 couples who seem prepped to make this competition one to remember.
We know it’s early, but we predict that Nicole Scherzinger, Pamela Anderson, Evan Lysacek and Erin Andrews will lead the pack throughout the season. We expected Scherzinger and Lysacek to have an easier time picking up the choreography thanks to their previous dance experience, but we were pleased to see how well Andrews and Anderson performed right out of the gate. Both managed to execute their routines while exuding serious stage presence. We look forward to seeing how they develop over the course of the season.
As for the pros, we were psyched about the return of Ashly Costa (formerly Ashly DelGrosso) and the debut of Australian ballroom champ Damian Whitewood.
There will be no elimination this week. Instead, all of the contestants will have a chance to perform again next Monday. The judges’ scores and the audience votes from both episodes will be combined to determine which couple will be eliminated first.
Here are the judges’ scores from last night’s episode:
- Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough (25)
- Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya (23)
- Erin Andrews and Maksin Chmerkovskiy (21)
- Pamela Anderson and Damien Whitewood (21)
- Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower (20)
- Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke (18)
- Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas (18)
- Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel (18)
- Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani (16)
- Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska (15)
- Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa (14)
Be sure to tune in next week to see the second set of performances and then tell us what you think!