Lauren Froderman impressed "So You Think You Can Dance" audiences and judges alike with her versatility and bubbly personality, eventually winning Season 7 (and a spot on the cover of DS !). Now, Lauren has some advice for the new crop of contestants vying for the title of America's Favorite Dancer. Here, she reveals a few tips for success on the show:
- "Be yourself--being genuine is a likable trait."
- "Take the challenges on the show one step at a time. Don't get overwhelmed."
- "Turn the judges' negative critiques into positives to help you improve."
- "Be confident in yourself."
- "Make friends. That way, regardless of how you do on the show, you will have won in your heart because you'll have a new family."
- "Make sure you remember to laugh every now and then."
- "Give every routine and dance style 110 percent!"
- "Be vulnerable and grow."
- "Don't be boring in your interviews--that's the time to let America see your personality."
- "Most important, appreciate and recognize who gets you through each week: the awesome fans!"
Photo by Frank Micelotta/FOX