Health & Body
Dancer to Dancer
Dance and Fashion
Editors’ List: The Goods
Cover Model Search
Sponsored by Joffrey Ballet School
Enter the Cover Model Search!
Powered by RebelMouse
Jul. 30, 2008 08:04AM EST
Quiz: How much do you know about the history of Modern Dance?
How much do you know about the history of Modern Dance?
1) Whose theory of contraction and release was central to the development of Modern dance in the US?
a. Margot Fonteyn
b. Alvin Ailey
c. Martha Graham
d. Janet Eilber
2) Who wrote the book “The Art of Making Dances” in 1958?
a. Paul Taylor
b. Doris Humphrey
c. George Balanchine
d. Twyla Tharp
3) What ancient civilization inspired Isadora Duncan’s dancing style?
4) On which continent did modern dance originate?
5) Which school of dance influenced modern dance and boasts alumni such as Martha Graham, Charles Weidman, and silent actress Louise Brooks?
b. Alvin Ailey
d. School of American Ballet
6) Which influential modern dance figure chose to leave NY behind and work instead in California?
a. Lester Horton
b. Martha Graham
c. Ted Shawn
d. Jose Limon
If you like us online, you're gonna live for us in print!
Cover Gallery ›
Dear Katie: Help! My Parents Are WAY Too Involved in My Dance Training!
Six Beyond-the-Studio Places to Improv
Meet the 6 Dancers Appearing in the New Film AND Broadway Productions of “West Side Story”
How Madison Brown Rose to the Top of Both the Ballet AND Contemporary Worlds
Behind the Scenes with Comp Star Madison Brown
Behind the Scenes with Triple Threat Ariana DeBose
Behind the Scenes with ABT Studio Company Standout Chloe Misseldine
in your inbox
Win Two Tickets to "Freddie Falls in Love"
Win This So Dança Mini Pointe Shoe Key Chain
Dance Spirit and Dance Magazine Contest: Win Apolla Shocks for your ENTIRE studio!