Health & Body
Dancer to Dancer
Dance and Fashion
Editors’ List: The Goods
Cover Model Search
Sponsored by Joffrey Ballet School
Sponsored by Discount Dance Supply
Sponsored by Dean College
Sponsored by BLOCH
Sponsored by National Dance Showcase
Sponsored by Dream Duffel
Sponsored by NYCDA
Sponsored by Soffe
Enter the Cover Model Search!
Powered by RebelMouse
Jul. 30, 2008 08:04AM EST
Quiz: How much do you know about the history of Modern Dance?
How much do you know about the history of Modern Dance?
1) Whose theory of contraction and release was central to the development of Modern dance in the US?
a. Margot Fonteyn
b. Alvin Ailey
c. Martha Graham
d. Janet Eilber
2) Who wrote the book “The Art of Making Dances” in 1958?
a. Paul Taylor
b. Doris Humphrey
c. George Balanchine
d. Twyla Tharp
3) What ancient civilization inspired Isadora Duncan’s dancing style?
4) On which continent did modern dance originate?
5) Which school of dance influenced modern dance and boasts alumni such as Martha Graham, Charles Weidman, and silent actress Louise Brooks?
b. Alvin Ailey
d. School of American Ballet
6) Which influential modern dance figure chose to leave NY behind and work instead in California?
a. Lester Horton
b. Martha Graham
c. Ted Shawn
d. Jose Limon
If you like us online, you're gonna live for us in print!
December Web 2019
Cover Gallery ›
Next in Line: Meet Four Members of the Radio City Rockettes Class of 2019
How Getting a Job at Your Dance Studio Can Benefit Your Wallet—and Career Path
A Brand-New Rockette Interviews a Veteran Rockette
The New Pointe Shoe Emoji Is FINALLY Here!
Chava Lansky For Pointe
Go Behind the Scenes with Four Members of the 2019 Rockettes
Watch Bailey Muñoz Pay Tribute to His Fellow "SYTYCD" Finalists
Behind the Scenes with Insta Star Autumn Miller
in your inbox
We're Giving Away the Ultimate Studio-to-Street Outfit from Soffe
Enter to Win a Pair of Tickets to "Frozen" on Broadway