With Jesse Tyler Ferguson joining Nigel and Mary at the judges' table and a stellar All-Star lineup, I was more than a little excited for last night's episode. And I'm happy to say that it exceeded my expectations! (I mean, even Cat Deeley brought her A-game. Did you see that dress?! And is just me, or was she even more hilarious than normal? Love her.)
Here are my Top 5 Moments:
1. Paul and Kathryn's jazz routine. It's no secret I'm a sucker for a technical, high-energy jazz routine, so naturally I was all about the Tyce Diorio-choreographed number. I loved the Latin flavor and the costumes and the performance quality and the partnership—it was the perfect way to start the show.
2. The Nappytabs Family. OMG. Did you see Baby London? That hat? Coolest kid ever. Which is not surprising considering who his parents are. Can I be adopted into the family, too?
3. Jasmine and Neil's contemporary routine. While I wasn't in love with the routine itself, I was blown away by the quality of the dancing. Neil is a ridiculous partner and was able to really show off Jasmine and her gorgeous technique (those legs!). I'd love to see them do more together.
4. Amy and Alex's Bollywood routine. How could I not love this routine—Amy and Alex are two of my favorite dancers to ever compete on the show! I'll admit, I was nervous Alex's Achilles wouldn't hold up with all the tuck jumps and bouncing around, but that's what Bollywood is. Speaking of the style, I've never danced it, but I love it. Sometimes I just want my life to be a Bollywood routine—energy, cheesiness, bright costumes? I'll take it.
5. Paul and Hayley's contemporary routine. The song, the choreography, the chemistry—this dance was one of the highlights of the night. I really loved that Dee Caspary just let them dance. There was no need for crazy, intricate lifts or tricks, they just moved—brilliantly.
In the end, we tearfully said goodbye to Hayley and Paul. Thank goodness we'll be seeing them on tour in no time!
So, what do you think? Did they send the right dancers home? Which routine was your favorite? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tune in for next week's performance finale!