SYTYCD Rules 2014
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Open to legal residents of the continental United States and Washington, DC (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) who as of June 25, 2014 are (i) 18 years of age or older, (ii) or between the ages of 13 and 18 where entry is sent together with consent of parent/guardian.
INTERNET ACCESS AND FUNCTIONING EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
Sponsor: DanceMedia, LLC, 333 Seventh Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10001.
1. How to Enter:
- One entry per person. No mechanically reproduced or computer generated entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or entries containing incorrect or incomplete information. Not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer, on-line, or Internet systems or services, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry or confirmation or winners notice on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, problems with the dancespirit.com/ website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Selection of Winner. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor held on or about August 15, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- Decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”): (i) round trip coach class airfare for Winner and a travel companion from a major airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights closest to winner’s permanent residence (or in Fox Broadcasting Company’s (“Fox”) sole discretion, $500 in lieu of air travel if winner lives within a 200 mile radius to Los Angeles) to a Los Angeles area airport; (ii) airport transfers to and from hotel (if applicable); (iii)_two nights’ stay at a Los Angeles-area hotel selected by Fox at Fox’s sole option (one room, double occupancy, room & room tax only); (iv) two (2) passes to the So You Think You Can Dance Finale taping (currently scheduled for September 3, 2014) (“Event”); (v) transportation to and from hotel to Event; and (vi) $250 in spending money.
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $3,150. Actual retail value of the Prize may vary but, in any case, will be less than $5,000.
- Winner must be available for travel September 2-4, 2014. If Winner cannot travel on the dates required to attend the Event, Winner will forfeit the Prize in its entirety and Sponsor may, at its option, either select another winner in his or her place or be relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents. Winner is responsible for any expenses not expressly included in the Prize description, such as additional ground transportation expenses, incidentals, meals, beverages and any other expenses. The Prize is non-transferable.
- In the event production of So You Think You Can Dance is cancelled or postponed, the ticket portion of the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor. Winner’s guest must be at least 8 years old to attend the Event. If Winner’s guest is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, Winner must be his or her parent or legal guardian. Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be sold to or used by any person(s) other than the Winner and the Winner’s designated guest.
- Certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
- Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, Fox, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., 19 Entertainment Ltd., and dick clark productions, inc., their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible.
- No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of greater or equal value; provided, however that if production of So You Think You Can Dance is canceled or postponed, the ticket portion of the prize will be canceled without any substitutions or compensation therefore.
- All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Consult with your tax professional regarding potential tax implications.
- Potential Winner (and for Winner between 13 and 18 a parent or guardian) must execute Affirmation of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form(s) and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion within 24 HOURS of notification. Noncompliance, or return of prize notification as undeliverable or inability to locate finalist after notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner’s travel companion (and for travel companion between under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, a parent or legal guardian) must execute a Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form. Time will be of the essence in awarding and accepting this prize. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned.
- The potential Winner and guest may be required to submit to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Winner will not, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor, Fox, or any entity involved in the production, sponsorship, and/or promotion of the prize. If requested, the potential Winner (and for Winner between 13 and 18 a parent or guardian) agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information.
- Award of Prize is subject to verification by Sponsor and/or its agents of Winner’s compliance with all rules of the Sweepstakes.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes and accepting any prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Fox, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Networks Group, Inc., 19 Entertainment Ltd., dick clark productions, inc., Dance Spirit Magazine, DanceMedia, LLC, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, business units and sponsors, and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the producers and sponsors of Fox’s programs, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including without limitation any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
- Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Winner's and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. Released Parties shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables.
- Released Parties are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you waive the right to assert any claim for any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes consent to use entrant’s name, biographical information, image and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrant (and where entrant is between 13 and 18 including entrant’s parent or guardian) releases and holds harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of dancespirit.com/ or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes in the event the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- By participating, entrants (and where applicable their parents and guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding with regard to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Court located in New York County and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
6. Winner’s List:
For name of prize winner, after August 31, 2014, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed, No.10 envelope to: “Dance Spirit SYTYCD Sweepstakes,” Attention Dance Spirit Magazine, 333 Seventh Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10001.
So You Think You Can Dance ®/ © 19 Entertainment Ltd. and dick clark productions, inc. 2014. All Rights Reserved.