Now You Can See the "Whipped Cream" Costumes IRL
Last May, we told you about a special exhibition of the Mark Ryden artwork that sparked Alexei Ratmansky's sweet-treat of a ballet, Whipped Cream. Well, hold on to your tiaras, bunheads, because there's a brand-new exhibit featuring actual costumes from this megahit production. The Nutcracker's Land of Sweets has some serious competition!
That's right, ballerinas and ballerinos: From now until June 3, if you're visiting The Shops at Columbus Circle in NYC, you can be mere feet away from the whimsically wonderful costumes designed by pop-surrealist Mark Ryden.
ICYMI: Whipped Cream brings to life the whimsical take of a young boy who overindulges at a Viennese pastry shop and falls into a delirious dream of dancing sweets.
If you make it to the exhibit, keep your eyes peeled for ensembles worn by Prince Coffee, Cupcake Kids, Princess Praline's Swirl Girls, Mademoiselle Marianne Charteuse, and more!
American Ballet Theatre's Whipped Cream runs July 2-7 at the Metropolitan Opera House.
- American Ballet Theatre 'Whipped Cream' Costumes and Set - Mark ... ›
- American Ballet Theatre: Whipped Cream by Alexei Ratmansky ... ›
- to American Ballet Theatre's 'Whipped Cream' ›
- American Ballet Theatre "Whipped Cream" World Premiere Curtain ... ›
- Whipped Cream, the “Billionaire's Ballet,” Makes a Sweet Debut at ... ›
- Whipped Cream ›
- Review: Alexei Ratmansky's Ballet 'Whipped Cream' Is a Candyland ... ›
- American Ballet Theatre's 'Whipped Cream': A fleeting sugar high ... ›